Are you considering filing for child support or requesting a modification in California? The following "Frequently Asked Questions" will help you learn more about the process as you prepare to request California child support:
How Do I Locate My Local California Child Support Agency?
California child support resources can be found both online and at your local child support enforcement agency.
- Visit the California Department of Child Support Services web site
- Locate your local child support agency
How Can I File for California Child Support?In California, you can apply for child support right from the Department of Child Support Services web site. The following steps will help you establish a child support order in California:
- Become familiar with California’s child support guidelines.
- Optional: Use the California Child Support Calculator to estimate the amount of child support you will receive.
- Print an application for California child support services.
- Follow up with your local Child Support Agency.
- Once your child support order has been established, sign up online to receive payments via direct deposit or electronic pay cards.