Description of the Service From the Plenty of Fish Web Site::
"We are the dating site your friends talk about.
- Our members will go on over 18,000,000 dates with other users this year.
- After taking our chemistry test we match you with personalities that lead to long lasting stable relationships. We match you with users that will meet your emotional needs.
- Our success rate, matching algorithms and technology is unmatched, we are the only dating site capable of generating matches in real time."
Cost of Plenty of Fish::
Plentyoffish.com offers a two-tiered membership system. You can create a profile for free, which will allow you to use the search function, create a profile, participate in the forums, and email members. A premium membership, which costs between $5.95 a month (if you're paying for one year in advance) and $9.80 per month (if you're paying for three months at a time), is intended to allow your profile and messages to stand out to other members with a special gold star designation.
Pros of Plenty of Fish::
- It's free!
- Your free membership includes a 48-question "Plenty of Fish Relationship Chemistry Predictor" assessment
- There isn't much difference between the free and paid options.
Cons of Plenty of Fish::
- In order to upgrade to a paid membership, you must first pass a 25-question test designed to measure your relationship skills. However, based on the questions, it seems as though the real goal is to weed out unfavorable characteristics, such as being controlling or taking on a different persona online.
- However, upgrading to the paid membership doesn't come with additional features. The main benefit of an upgrade is just having your profile and messages stand out with a gold star.
- However, Plenty of Fish promotes the upgrade option as a feature that will double your chance of finding someone.