Description of the Service From eHarmony's Web Site::
"At eHarmony, our patented Compatibility Matching System® narrows the field from millions of candidates to a highly select group of singles that are compatible with you. Unlike other sites where you can post a picture and paragraph and then browse the profiles of other users, eHarmony does the matching for you based on 29 DimensionsTM of personality that are scientifically-based predictors of long-term relationship success."
Cost of eHarmony::
eHarmony's fee structure accommodates monthly, as well as annual, subscribers. Options include:
- Paying monthly: $59.95 per month
- Paying for three months at a time: $119.85 (which equals $39.95 per month)
- Paying for six months at a time: $179.70 (which equals $29.95 per month)
- Paying for one year at a time: $239.40 (which equals $19.95 per month)
Pros of Choosing eHarmony::
- eHarmony matches users based on compatibility testing
- They offer guided, graduated steps of communication, which can help users become comfortable with one another
- eHarmony appeals to individuals who are serious about finding a mate
- The cost may deter individuals who are inclined to approach online dating with a less-than-serious attitude
Cons of Choosing eHarmony::
- The cost of eHarmony is high compared to some of the other online dating sites.
- eHarmony structured process, which depends on both users responding positively to eHarmony's suggestions, can become cumbersome.