Stretch One Income: Financial Help for Single Parents
- Financial Help for Single Moms & Dads
- Single Parent Grants & Scholarships
- Increase Your Income
- Manage Your Finances
- Save Money on Food & Groceries
- Save Money on Household Expenses
- Cheap Fun for Families
- Holidays, Birthdays, & Vacations
Financial Help for Single Moms & Dads
Many financial help programs require a lengthy application process, which can affect how quickly you start receiving benefits. Therefore, if you believe you may need financial help or government assistance, don't wait to apply.
Single Parent Grants & Scholarships
There are programs out there to help you go back to school. Use the following resources to local single parent grans and scholarships.
- Grants for Single Mothers and Fathers
- Apply for Single Parent Scholarships
- National Scholarships for Single Parents
- State-By-State Single Parent Scholarships
Increase Your Income
Another source of financial help is within yourself. Learn how to increase your income so that you can earn more and meet your family's monthly expenses.
- Earn Extra Income on the Side
- Increase Your Income Potential
- Learn a New Skill With a Free Online Course
- Find a Legitimate Work-From-Home Job
Manage Your Finances
As a single mom or dad, you're the on who's solely responsible for your family's financial health. Use the following resources to manage your money more effectively and meet your personal financial goals.
- Money Management 101 for Single Moms and Dads
- Essential Money-Saving Habits
- Four Savings Plans for Single Moms and Dads
- Car Buying Tips for Single Parents
Save Money on Food & Groceries
Next to housing and transportation, food is probably one of your largest monthly expenses. Cut back on what you spend on food, and you can save quite a bit of money each month.
- Save Money on Groceries With Meal Planning
- Share Your Grocery Shopping Tips
- Print a Free Grocery Shopping List and Meal Planner
- Seasonal Grocery Shopping Tips
Save Money on Household Expenses
If you often find yourself wondering where the money goes each month, these resources will help you save more and spend less.
- Tips for Shopping at Thrift Stores
- Frugal Single Parent Tips
- How Do You Save on Back-to-School Shopping?
Cheap Fun for Families
Just because you're short on cash doesn't mean you can get out and have fun with your kids. Use the following resources to save money on fun and engaging family outings.
Holidays, Birthdays, & Vacations
Stretching your income doesn't have to mean skimping on gifts and vacations. Use the following resources to get the most out of every dollar.