Some public schools in the Midwest will be closed tomorrow due to the cold. As if snow days and sick days weren't enough to contend with!
No matter when you're going to need backup child care plans -- this week or next month -- it's a good idea to plan ahead. Consider the following options:
- Is there a family member nearby who would be willing to babysit your children?
- Is there a neighbor who could look after them while you're at work?
- Do your kids have a friend or classmate they could spend the day with?
- Is there a friend with whom you could coordinate care (by either swapping sick days or working opposite schedules)?
Having a solid plan in place will save you lots of stress when it's your kids' school district making the decision to close!
- Create a Plan for Dealing With Sick Days
- Creative Ways to Pick Up Cold Remedies (Without Carting Your Kids into the Store)
- Review: Exergen Forehead Thermometer