Whether you're planning a short trip or an extended vacation, you'll want to pay extra attention to safety when traveling alone with your children.
For example, make sure someone back home knows your itinerary, and teach your children what to do in the event that they get lost.
For a full list of reminders for keeping your whole family safe while you're on vacation, read Travel Safety Guidelines for Single Parents.
Additional Single Parent Travel Resources:
- Share Your Best Road Trip Tips
- Entertain Your Kids on the Road
- Find the Cheapest Gas in Your Area
- How to Obtain a Passport for Your Child
- Passport Rules Single Parents Need to Know
- Guidelines for Children Flying Alone
Photo © Jupiterimages/Getty Images