Unfortunately, even today, a lot of assumptions get made about single parent families, such as:
- Single parent homes are "broken homes."
- Kids who grow up in single parent homes lack sufficient attention and supervision.
- Single parents who date aren't putting their kids first.
- Single parents don't know how to manage their kids' behavior or enforce consequences.
I hope you recognize how ridiculous and uninformed these statements are! When you hear stuff like that, directed right at you, or in general, how do you respond? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
Share Your Story: What Hurtful Assumptions Have Been Made About You As a Single Parent?
- Single Parent Statistics
- Reasons to Be Proud of Raising Your Kids Alone
- Share Your Single Parent Pride