1. Parenting
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.
Jennifer Wolf

Parents Being Charged a $25 Child Support Services Fee

By September 15, 2007

Follow me on:

Yesterday I explained how The Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 will impact single parent families by taking funds away from your local office of child support enforcement. Today, I want to explain how you, as a single parent, might be called upon to pay a newly-mandated $25 annual fee in exchange for services provided by your local office of child support enforcement.

Section 7310 of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 requires each state's office of child support enforcement to collect a $25 annual fee from families who:
  1. Have never received Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and
  2. Have received at least $500 in child support during the current fiscal year
Each state has several options for collecting this mandatory fee:
  • States can pay the fee themselves rather than pass it on to individual clients. Both Florida and West Virginia have already agreed to do this.

  • States can bill the non-custodial parent.

  • States can bill the custodial parent.

  • States can withhold the fee from child support being paid to the custodial parent.
Most states will begin collecting the $25 child support services fee as of October 1, 2007. In most cases, parents who will be directly affected have already received letters from their local office of child support enforcement, explaining how the money will be collected. For more information about how your state is responding to the new mandate, visit your state's office of child support enforcement Web site.

September 22, 2007 at 7:07 pm
(1) Kathleen says:

They don’t do anyting but opperate the computer system, why take that money from people who really need it. Child Suport Services does not work with the Police Department very well, if you want collection you have to be a detective yourself and pass on information. I also like to know why No Politician has taken on any child support issues, like these non custodial parents that work under the table and drive new cars with no driver licences, Why can’t DOR audit Check Cashing Business to see there is an income if needed. Does anyone care that most people don’t recieve child support?

September 25, 2007 at 12:29 am
(2) Cricket says:

This makes me so mad. I just received my letter today! I have been fighting for my case to even get through the system for a year now, and I still don’t have the child support due my children. Why don’t they make all non-custodial parents pay it because if it wasn’t for their non-payment of it I would not have to even obtain a legal order in the first place! Are the only states looking out for their low income single parents Florida and West Virginia? I know some will say it’s a small price to pay, but it’s the principle of the matter! My State chooses to take it out of the custodial parents funds! I wish I didn’t have to beg for child support in the first place. Shame!

September 26, 2007 at 12:43 pm


January 24, 2008 at 10:10 pm
(4) Adam says:

Excuse me Cheryl, but it’s not just fathers. Your statement is sexist. I agree with you, but it’s not just fathers that skip out.

I just received the letter today letting me know of this change. First of all, it is absolutely wrong to pass this mandate. The sad thing is that it affects the people in the lower income bracket the most (the ones with the smallest voice in this country). The really sad part is that no one in the news has reported on this at all. Looks to me that it was a very sneaky way of getting more money out of the people that can’t afford to challenge this.

For me, however, the $25 isn’t such a big deal, but it’s the principal of the matter.

In my case, I am the custodial parent; however, I still have to pay my son’s mother every month because she doesn’t make very much money. Anyone who has been through the child support system knows how they come up with who pays what. I have my son the majority of the time, but I still have to pay. I pay $101 per month (not very much) and it’s no problem. So if I pay every month and the Department of Health and Welfare never has to deal with me, except to give my son’s mother the money. Why should I have to pay an annual fee?

In all reality, I wish I could just pay her directly, but my lawyer said I should go through the state for my own protection. Little did I know that if I ever have to call H&W, I get treated like a dead beat parent solely for the fact that I am the paying parent. They also assume that because I am the paying parent, I am the non-custodial parent. I don’t deserve to be treated like that. When I tell them this, they just say that I am one of the few. Well, they’re not getting paid to assume.

Getting back to the annual fee. Since I’m the custodial parent, AND I am the one paying the support, where does this leave me? The Dept. never has had to force me to pay, so why am I paying the annual fee? Itís to reduce the deficit? I pay a lot of taxes per year (I am in the middle class tax bracket), and I have to pay this as well? This is seriously wrong, and it’s even sadder that the media has never picked this up.

January 25, 2008 at 2:06 pm
(5) singleparents says:

Yes, this change – part of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 – seemed to slip in under the radar; and in most cases, it dips into the pockets of the very people who are in need of help! At least families receiving TANF are exempt; but there are a lot of families who don’t qualify for TANF but certainly need help. Also, some states are choosing to absorb the fee themselves rather than pass it on to families. But you’re right; it’s the principle of it that’s so upsetting.

July 23, 2008 at 4:18 pm
(6) Tanisha says:

How can we fight against this? Are there any single parents in the House of Representatives that are going to pay this unjust fee?

August 4, 2008 at 1:15 pm
(7) Janet Frye says:

I don’t understand why they charge the parent who barely gets enough to support the children to begin with! This fee is the most outrageous, idiodic way to try and reduce the deficit. How do we fight this? They need to get some brains in the senate!! Come on, look around, I can tell you why the deficit is so freakin huge. It’s the “American” way to spend outside your means. Get the government to stop making more money then anyone keep up with. Put a cap on the government! Stop increasing the price of everything. Geez. Don’t you see, “The People” are crying out for help, forclosed homes, reposessions, job security, Save our freakin country instead of worrying about every other country in this world!!

September 23, 2008 at 11:52 pm
(8) Momma says:

The deficit was brought about by greedy Republicans who are swimming in dough and could care less about families. They care about Business who only care about passing additional costs to the bare few middle class families who will be hit square in the back by this one too. It’s the way of the Republicans, push as many into the lower class as possible. Starve the babies if you must because the rich Republicans must sit on their perch and look down on us lowlifes who are slipping farther into the money pit. Make us pay for failed policies, and the new guy saying he is going to make changes, HA. And he touts himself a hero when he allowed his mother to sue his crippled ex wife the mother of his child. That guy has no respect for anyone but the almight dollar and a tropy wife with connections. He is a Christian? Doubtful, Christians usually have hearts. How can you say you are a Christian with no heart?

Anyway, this is so typical of the Republicans.

October 6, 2008 at 11:13 am
(9) michael says:

i agree the state does nothing to collect and you have to find the deadbeat yourself.. my EX WIFE yes EX WIFE…. owes me 18,000 dollars . nevr arested never bothered for the money – i had to tell them where she worked and then she quit the job . that is 18,000 dollars i could have in my savings account towards my daughters education. come on politicians do something !!!!!

October 8, 2008 at 7:11 pm
(10) Danielle says:

I can’t believe that we, the single mothers who take care of our children, the single mothers that don’t get even close the amount of support to “support” our children, the single mothers who not only has to take care of our children…feed them, bathe them, dress them, drive them here, do this there…we also have to take care of ourselves with whatever time we have left, get our exhausted bodies to a job (or two) and now… low and behold…because we had no choice but to go through the state to collect our rightful child support due to us, we are now being penalized for it….ARE YOU KIDDING?????
And what is even more insulting is that I go to work every day…I pay taxes every week…I can barely keep my head above water and because I am not a welfare case I have to pay an annual fee. I’m so glad my tax dollars are working to help the helpless. Makes you feel like quitting your job and saying what the hell…may as well be a lazy mother that uses the system…apparently you get more from this
state by doing so. Unfortunately my parents didn’t raise me to be that kind of person so I say we all fight this….enough is definitely enough…and this is too much.

October 14, 2008 at 2:32 pm
(11) LILLY says:

I just received my notice in the mail about paying a child support service fee. Let me tell you that I am livid and find this to be one of the most under-handed legalized theft the government has placed into effect. This is a fee the custodial parent nor the non custodial parent should have to pay. First of all, child support is money relegated for the child for shelter., food, clothing and other neccessities. Therefore, it disturbs me that the government would take money from the mouth of children to take care of their debts. Some people will say that it’s not a lot of money. Still it is a lot of money for a lot of single parents who are barely getting by financially. In addition, why is the government charging a service fee for the money a parent gives his or her child? The child support agency is a government entity.Why is a government entity charging a service fee? Next thing you know, we will all start being charged money from government services which were once free for people who cannot afford to go elsewhere. Well we must channel our frustration in other ways to make a change. First, we must write to the very people we elected to represent us (local senators and congress people)and presure them to find other alternatives for their Deficit Reduction Act or perhaps have the state pick up the cost like Florida and Virginia. Second, I suggest writing to your local newspaper to see if someone there is willing to write a story on this scam. In any event,I suggest you purchase a lot of paper and pens and go to work because if this is taken lightly it will only be a matter of time before we start receiving service fee increases every year.

October 18, 2008 at 12:06 am
(12) regina says:

you all mamke me nuts

October 18, 2008 at 12:11 am
(13) regina says:

I am so sick of listening to all your “Get me my child support whinning” There is no doubt that child support is a necessary item BUT why don’t all of you CS Users fess up? You use the system for what its worth use your children like pawns HOLD OUT ON VISITATION PURPOSELY make men hide ..men / woman who after making a mistake are now punished and their new families star and suffer while the CS collectors family gets rich….nobody ever talks about that do they?

October 22, 2008 at 5:25 pm
(14) Tina says:

I’m glad to see that I was not the only one that was stumped when my child support was $25 less than what I was counting on.

Wouldn’t have had to go through the system that time if it wasn’t for my X. Had to protect my children and this was the only way to do it.

October 29, 2008 at 11:19 am
(15) Yvonne says:

My DEADBEAT ex is supposed to pay $250 every month. I came up with this when my son was 2!… Pay daycare ($60wk)and 1 bag of diapers. It has been a struggle over 15 yrs to be LUCKY to see $125 every third month. I have exhausted help to no avail! We live overseas now due to military and just will be glad the payments will stop in 1 more yr. Cause it has been ALL ABOUT HIS POOR PITIFUL SITUATIONS AND NEVER ABOUT OUR SON! But having said that… Since he owes so much in back pay child support, thenI want to tell you what the state of FL has done to us. Every single lil $125 check he does manage to send….. they take out $4-$6. Now if you add that up over a span of 15 years, who is getting cheated. I think the fee should be added to the amount they have to pay. SO if it is $125 they should pay the fee too. It isn’t fair that they take that lil $6 away from the kids. It doesn’t seem like much. But in 2 months that is $24. In a year…! It isn’t fair. Anyway. Good luck. Stick to your guns. GET IT ALL IN WRITING BEFORE THE DIVORCE, cause you never know how life will be in 2…5..10…15 years down the road for either of you.

December 9, 2008 at 2:32 pm
(16) Adam says:

I left a comment almost a year ago about this horrible fee. I came back today to see how the conversation has evolved, and wow, the majority of you are sexist women. I am appalled of how this conversation has turned into a men bashing session. Would it be fair of me to say that all women are sluts because my son’s mother is one??? NO!! What gives you people the right to say that all men that pay child support are dead beats and should go to prison, or have our “huge salaries” garnished. This is outrageous.

You all have strayed so far from the purpose of this topic, it makes me sad. No wonder the politicians decided to go after us single parents, because they know that we will just turn it into an internal fight instead of fighting them.

I’m very disappointed.

December 22, 2008 at 11:58 pm
(17) Chevy Queen says:


December 23, 2008 at 12:24 pm
(18) Larry says:

This 25.00 charge is a joke! People paying this are the people that pay their child support in most cases. Then in some states they take the 25.00 away from the person receiving the payments. More states then less actually send the bill to the person paying the support as an added 25.00 bill to pay. First thing I want to say is I have never missed a payment or had any back support owed. I support the agency going after dead beat parents! They should be the ones paying this 25.00 charge as they are the justification for this charge in the first place. I think the provision should be re-written to make it a 100.00 charge yearly to the parent that they had to chase down. Here I am paying for it and I have never gave this agency any reason to track me down.

I really think there needs to be some accountability to this system for the parents. If you are not letting the non-custodial parent have the federal minimun visitation of their kids then there should be some federal program to help.

If the custodial parent has not allowed visitation to the child(ren) there should be some course of action allowed to them in this same manner. That is not how it is set up currently as you have to go thru the legal processes (Which is very expensive) to get any visitation. If like in my case she skips the state you have to fight her in the state she skipped off to. If I skipped anywhere this agency would be on me tomorrow collecting support from the first check I get from an employer. This whole system needs to be looked at as there is no accountability (Which is the reason this agency was started) in a manner to take on this in a fair and justified way. I still think this 25.00 charge should be put on the people that are the root cause of the costs of the agency. There should be look into how to make visitation as mandatory as the child support!

December 27, 2008 at 6:41 pm
(19) Jennifer says:

I read all of your comments and I agree there is too much bashing. The fact of the matter is it took TWO people to create the child(ren) and those TWO people are responcable to take care of the child(ren)..
I have raised my daughter with no help from the state, and worked sometime three jobs to make sure she has everything she needs. He never has seen her (not because he didn’t have oppertunity). He was the one that walked away.
I don’t think that a single hard working parent should be punished (thats kinda how it feels) for not taking ‘help’ while the NC parent gets another ‘break’ in what they should be reasponceable for.
I know I’m not alone in the fact that the other parent would have never paid support if not for getting the state agency involved to make [them] pay.

March 12, 2009 at 3:20 pm
(20) John says:

The way to resolve all this child support problem is for people to just stay together. There isn’t enough premarital counseling in this world. People get married for the wrong reasons and they just shouldn’t bring children into the world if they are not ready to commit for life to stay together as the marital vows state.


May 6, 2009 at 8:28 pm
(21) Michele says:

I understand there are costs involved in computerizing the payments some parents receive to help support their children. But isn’t that part of the job duties the child support collection worker gets paid for?

The government wants me to pay for their salary? Unfortunately I have not received support from my ex husband (2 kids) nor from the father of my other 2 kids. My ex last paid 4/7/08 (a year ago) and owes us $9,092.64. The other last paid on 11/10/08 and owes us $15,611.10. Neither father sees their kids ever. No birthdays, not at christmas, no school clothes, daycare help etc.

I wouldn’t mind paying $25 a year if the CSU could do anything to help us get the support granted (court ordered). Two months ago I emailed them to see what is being done. I was told that I moved to florida. I have not moved to florida. My youngest children’s father must have moved there. But no hits on a job. My ex ownes a house, couldnt they put a lean on it, as these orders are from a judge.

So I can pay for the workers salary, for doing a lousy, and inaccurate job. Why?

Because NYS wants any money they can get from anyone whether we can afford it or not.

October 30, 2010 at 3:59 pm
(22) Mary says:

I have always been the one to follow up on matters when it came to Domestic Relations. I have a case that has over $55,000 in arrears and since the enforcement team could not find the defendant they were going to actually zero my arrears out. Please note: this is not welfare money! How in the world does Domestic Relations have the authority to do this? I actually sent them pictures of the house where he was living and even the name with address of his new employer. I went to court before a Master to state my case, don’t you know after this they found him. Unbelievable! I have always taken care of my children and it will go down in history until the day I die.

What makes matters worst is now that I moved to another state both agencies in each state are passing the buck. I’ve never seen two agencies that does not work hand in hand and the workers are a disgrace! They don’t help matters when you already feel exhausted because you’re not getting help from the non-custodial parent but the workers at this agencies need to have an INSPECTOR surprise them while their doing their job. UNPROFESSIONAL IS HOW I WILL END THIS!

November 12, 2010 at 7:52 pm
(23) sharon says:

Has the legal right for the state or federal to take from the amount to be received by the child, ever been adjudicated? Has anyone ever challenged this? I too just found out about the deficit reduction act of 2005 when they took the $25 out of my child’s support check. This was done with NO NOTICE and when I contacted both the Colorado Family Support Registry, and the El Paso County CSE to ask why the check was short by $25, they could not tell me – they didn’t know and placed the decision to take money from child on each other’s agency. I was told specifically that FSR does NOT charge any fees for collecting child suppot even though my county CSE office blamed the deduction on FSR for “collection fees”. The non custodial parent is currently in arrears approaching $30,000.00. The child support amount was set in the divorce in 1999 and has never been mocified nor have I ever filed an application (supposedly with the notice that DR Act applied) with CSE specifically requesting their help. When a supervisor at CSE finally told me about the Deficit Reduction Act of ’05, I asked how they could do this without notice, why no other employee seemed to know about the DRA at either agency when it is a 5 year old decision, and it was always my understanding that No third party (government included) could take any amount from the child. I also was appalled that the Federal Government essentially is having children pay off the deficit.

January 20, 2011 at 7:46 am
(24) Brian says:

I am a non-custodial parent who has paid consistently for 13 years and have voluntarily increased payments when I received a raise. Passing the $25 fee onto the non-custodial parent who is always on time with payments is not necessarily the right thing to do either. I do what I am supposed to do even though financially it is difficult. Stop blaming all the non-custodial parent and presuming they are “dead beat”. Not all of us are. This fee is ridiculous no matter who has to pay it. I say cut the politician’s salaries.

April 1, 2011 at 9:24 pm
(25) Crista says:

I have only been recieving child support since Feb.8, 2011 and the $25 yealy fee was taken out on Feb. 23, 2011. They took another one out today on April 1, 2011 and told me that when a payment is made from an outside source that they have to take a percentage of the payment. Can they really do that? I have not recieved child support for 4 years of my childs life and they are taking my money for a reason that my case worker cannot explain to me, Soebody please help me.

October 21, 2011 at 11:40 pm
(26) Paulie Jones says:

The money is for the DCSE to continue to run once the government shut down. No one believes it will happen but it is going to happen. The know most people who pay are hard working honest Americans. If I take all your resources from you I control you. And you will pay me what I want if you don’t i will lock you up, take your house, your car the things you need. I am telling you all its the government. While you all was working 2 jobs or more some genius A hole thought of a way to steal your money while screwing the child. The government are child molester in their own sick and money hunger way. No one cares about the child. They already have to pay for the Government screw whats another 25 a year going to hurt. People wake up.

January 31, 2012 at 4:01 am
(27) shannon says:

I’m glad to know that just about everyone on here has received a letter regarding the fee because I, however, never got the stupid letter. Yea it’s $25 but like everyone else, its the principle of the matter. Its almost like saying here ya go baby girl, here ya go baby boy, heres a sucker from mommy or daddy! Oh wait, here comes the government, “give me that sucker, you don’t deserve or need it!” I think this is crazy, beyond crazy. “Its like taking candy from a baby”

Just about everyone that ACTUALLY gets their child support receives $500 within the first 3 months. I think this is stupid, inconsiderate of the parents that need the financial support from the non custodial parent and half the time these custodial parents have to fight to get any type of assistance from their local DSS office and even WIC offices. The other half can’t get these services because they make a few cents over the $500 a month limit. WTF. No one can support a child let alone a child and themselves off of $500 a month come on now.

Its one thing if the custodial parent is trying to take the other for everything they got but other wise back off. Why exactly is this fee being charged? I don’t understand that part. I can’t find anything stating why. I also say we start a petition and send it to the white house and have it include custodial and non custodial parents along with their contact info. I say we fight it. Yea its only $25 but shouldn’t we have had the right to petition this in the first place before it was passed?

Did they ever think about how the custodial parents would be affected? Not just us but even the non custodial parents? Its their money that is supposed to go toward the children and what they need not to the government! If this is the case take it out of the pocket of the non custodial parent, not the parent trying to support and raise the child(ren).

January 31, 2012 at 4:22 am
(28) Shannon says:

I don’t think politics should even be put into this conversation because that could start more problems. There are democratics, republicans and libertarians so it wasn’t just the republicans, they all had something to do with passing it.


I disagree with your post about how everyone on here needs to fess up and stop whining because we just keep visitations from the oppossing parent. Thats not true for everyone, especially me. I have been in and out of court and DSS for the safety of my children but I have only kept them from their father one time, in which I was instructed to do so by officers. We went to court because of the drug use in front of my children and I got threatened to be put in jail because I did exactly what I was told to do by officers.
Not to mention DSS in Mecklenburg county says that its ok if a child sleeps on the hard floor as long as they have a blanket and a pillow. They over look what neighbors and everyone else involved with a case tell them especially when its the EXACT same thing the mother has explained to them prior but its ok for the father to keep them. If you are a mother or even a father that has dealt with that kind of help in your county and then you have a stupid fee of $25 coming out of your child support you would be highly upset too.
There is always more to a story than what meets the eye, “Never judge a book by its cover”, this applies here too. You may want to rethink your statement because as a custodial parent reading that it hurts a little to know that someone who say something like that when they have no clue what you have been through with the other parent.
My oldest two children’s father owns his own business and ya know what, its not included in child support. Think about it that way before you post something else like that. Not everyone is selfish.

February 9, 2012 at 5:25 pm
(29) Educated Pro says:

Reading all these posts is like watching people try to put together a puzzle with no guidance or clue as to what the puzzle is supposed to look like when it’s finished. Apparently, the majority of the custodial and non custodial parents have absolutely no clue as to how this whole thing works or why $25.00 should be charged ONCE A YEAR to offset the cost for professionals to enforce a child support order, when obviously the custodial parent couldn’t do it on their own or they sure as heck would have needed child support agencies to do it for them. REALLY????

So you truly think that you should receive FREE legal support, FREE court order response to Summons and Complaint/Judgment for Child support, FREE enforcement of child support orders, and FREE collection and disbursement of child support?

Someone has to foot the bill to pay for the buildings occupied by hard working child support enforcement staff (by the way, I’m not one of them, but I think they should be applauded for the work they do in trying to help the families and children while having to put up with the abuse from both custodial and non custodial parents yelling obscenities over the phone). If you could do better you would have been collecting the support without the need of the child support agency professionals – GET OVER IT!!!!

February 9, 2012 at 5:27 pm
(30) Educated Pro says:

2nd part of my post: Someone has to pay salaries and benefits to these employees, and the computer systems they use to manage your child support cases, and the millions of dollars spent just to help your sorry asses in getting the money deserved to YOUR CHILDREN. Do you really think the tax payers should suffer the cost? They are YOUR kids, and child support is helping to enforce a child support order, so why wouldn’t you be willing to pay $25.00 a year for their assistance? I don’t know where you can go to get continuous legal and professional assistance in support of your children for roughly $2.00 a month. Aren’t your kids worth at least that much to you??? Do you even realize that this is less than a dime (10 cents) a day?

Come on people, use your heads…what makes you think that these services should be offered for free???? Do you really think that I should pay some sort of tax to offset the support you receive? I’m not a custodial or non custodial parent, why should I pay for your kids, they are YOUR responsibility!!!! Deal with it!

March 30, 2012 at 8:08 am
(31) dody says:

25.00 fees since 2005? i have been a VICTEM of the child support recovery unit since 1999 and have been payiing that fee since 1999.the best quote of all is “thats confidential” dont you all realize who gets all that cs money?the employees who work at these agencies know that the communications breakdown of ex’s is total and emotions that go with the guesses on everything and the anger of both is complete, i pay huge and they dont even get stuff– or the flip side, i need to get so much , and i thought i could trust my ex. how could they not care if their kids have food and heat.then theres all the times it goes back to court.when- if you was able to actually sit down with the ex and compare notes of the whole cs stuff, you might discover “that deadbeat”worked two jobs for years to pay, and “that mooch” has not been getting a dime of it,anger at each other for assumptions, because when it comes right down to it,the state keeps ALL the money and the payer THINKS they pay the ex,but the payee doesnt get anything. if you recieve benefits, you are allowed to keep the first 50.00 of cs and you must turn the rest of it over.THEN there is like i had to go through since.my custody modification was filed in county 7,then it was filed in county 77, and i had double children and two cs cases that had the same case number,and theres no way ever to stop it, and now i discover i only have 2000 words so thiks sight isnt too interested in hearing realities, are they,…

June 21, 2012 at 12:18 pm
(32) Chris says:

I am a child support Payer and my company charges me $2 per week to deduct out of my check and the state allows this. So quit your griping.
For those of you that can’t total that up. It is $104 per year that I could be saving for my other childrens’ needs

Hope your having a nice day.

October 11, 2012 at 10:20 pm
(33) parent from ny says:

i just started to receive child support for my two children a year ago in nys….never at any time did the courts or anyone tell me that there would be an annual fee of $500. in my case, the total amount of support received monthly from my childrens father is $56 a month, thats for two kids! so just over $600 a year. when i called nys child support, their vendor could not tell me what the fee was or who it was being paid to. if you google Social Security Act, Section 454(6)(B)(ii). you will all get the true answer. it is to pay down the defecit….ITS NOT TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES! the mere $56 a month my children receive is used 100% for them….i mean, i have to pay full price for school lunches, and that’s $25 a week for both kids. i don’t care who has to pay it, custodial or non-custodial, the whole law is wrong. if we as citizens of the united states need to help pay down the debt, then every living being in this country should be assessed this fee. i pay school tax, property tax, gas tax, sales tax, income tax….and now my children have to pay $12.50 every year that they receive their small $28 a month! wrong, wrong, wrong and anyone who would like to join me in starting a group of parents against Social Security Act, Section 454(6)(B)(ii). please reply and i will give you my email address. thank you.

January 7, 2013 at 1:25 am
(34) mom w/o child support says:

I know this post is old but Johnnis an idiot. I don’t know about this tax but I am sure I will because I am putting my children father on child support. Hey I can’t get him to come spend time with them so forget it. Now you will hopefully be forced to help in some way. For those saying that we as single parents are trying to get a paycheck. Let me introduce myself. I ama mother of 4 and only 25. I have my own place. I work 2 jobs, I pay my own bills and car note. I do this on my own. I never wanted the money until I realized that he only had to work 1 job with money left to save. All he had to do was help out. I don’t care if that was going half on a pair of shoes. My point is don’t assume that every person man or woman on child support is using it to live off.

September 10, 2013 at 9:46 pm
(35) Michelle says:

This is ridiculous.. Another example of the “gov” taking folks hard earned money, not to mention taking money from my household. This cost should not be passed on to the custodial parent. The non-custodial parent should pay this fee.. Truth be told, we should be paid the $25 dollars just for the privledge of not having to use their services.

November 8, 2013 at 2:36 pm
(36) Rhonda says:

Child support is suppose to be for the children isn’t??? How is it a child who can’t vote , can’t drink, can’t be seen as a responsible party in a courtroom, can’t defend this country & under the age of 18 be responsible for clearing our countries debt???

Please tell me how the 25 dollars from my children support is better spent on the debt of this country, than making sure my children, don’t have to receive public assistance, have food to eat or shoes on their feet. HELP ME UNDERSTAND!!!!!!

Leave a Comment

Line and paragraph breaks are automatic. Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title="">, <b>, <i>, <strike>

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.