Are you considering filing for child support in Minnesota? The following "Frequently Asked Questions" will help you learn more about the process as you prepare to request Minnesota child support:
How Do I Locate My Local Minnesota Child Support Agency?
Minnesota child support resources can be found both online and at your local child support enforcement agency.
- Visit the Minnesota Department of Human Services web site
- Locate your local child support agency, which is organized by county in Minnesota
How Can I File for Minnesota Child Support?In Minnesota, you can apply for child support right from the Department of Human Services web site. The following steps will help you establish a child support order in Minnesota:
- Become familiar with Minnesota’s child support guidelines.
- File for child support at your county child support agency.
- You can also print an application for child support services from the web site and bring it in to the office with you.
- When filing for child support, provide a much detailed, accurate information as you can.
- Parents in Minnesota receive child support payments via direct deposit.