Are you considering filing for child support in Indiana or requesting a child support modification? The following "Frequently Asked Questions" will help you learn more about the process as you prepare to request Indiana child support:
How Do I Locate My Local Indiana Child Support Agency?
Indiana child support resources can be found both online and at your local county prosecutor's office.
- Visit the Indiana Department of Child Services Child Support Bureau web site
- Locate your local county prosecutor's office
How Can I File for Indiana Child Support?In Indiana, you can apply for child support right from the Indiana Department of Child Services Child Support Bureau web site. The following steps will help you establish a child support order in Indiana:
- Become familiar with Indiana’s child support guidelines.
- Optional: Use the Indiana Child Support Calculator to estimate the amount of child support you will receive.
- Print an application for Indiana child support services.
- Follow up with your local county prosecutor's office, which provides child support enforcement services on behalf of the Indiana Child Support Bureau.