Are you considering filing for child support or requesting a child support modification in Alaska? The following "Frequently Asked Questions" will help you learn more about the process as you prepare to request Alaska child support:
How Do I Locate My Local Child Support Agency in Alaska?
Alaska child support resources can be found both online and at your local child support enforcement agency.
- Visit the Alaska Child Support Services Division web site
- Locate your local child support agency
- Please note that some of the child support offices in Alaska close for lunch, so you'll want to verify the office hours before going to your local child support agency
How Can I File for Child Support in Alaska?The following steps will help you establish a child support order in Alaska:
- Become familiar with Alaska’s child support guidelines.
- Optional: Use the Alaska Child Support Calculator to estimate the amount of child support you will receive.
- Print an application for Alaska child support services.
- Follow up with your local Child Support Agency.
- Once your child support order has been established, sign up online to receive payments through Alaska's Visa Debit Card system.