How do I find my local child support agency?
Start by visiting the Alabama Child Support Enforcement Division website, which provides a comprehensive list of local child support agencies throughout the state. Alternatively, you can call 2-1-1 to find the office nearest you. Please note that you will be charged a $5 or $25 fee, depending on your income.
How do I file for child support in Alabama?
The following steps will help you establish a child support order in Alabama:
- Become familiar with Alabama's child support guidelines.
- Optional: Use the Alabama Child Support Calculator to estimate the amount of child support you will receive.
- Print an application for child support services in Alabama.
- Complete the application form.
- Contact your local Child Support Enforcement Office to schedule an appointment. Be sure to bring your completed application form with you.
How do I file for a child support modification in Alabama?
Contact your local Child Support Enforcement Office and request a modification in writing. Please note that in Alabama, child support orders are usually only reviewed once every 36 months, barring unusual circumstances.
Where can I access additional child support resources?
There are several federal and state resources available to you, including: