Thrift stores aren't just for buying children's clothing
. They have great finds for adults, too. Use the following tips to get the most for your money when you shop at thrift stores:
- Plan your route. Take the time to research thrift stores in your area and plan a shopping route that will allow you to browse several different stores in one outing.
- Shop with a budget in mind. Just because you're shopping at thrift stores doesn't mean that you should spend carelessly. Have a shopping limit in mind, and if possible, shop with cash so that you can't overspend.
- Know what you're looking for. What items do you, or your children, most need? That's what you need to focus on as you browse the thrift stores on your list.
- Know each person's sizes. Keep in mind, though, that clothes that have been washed may fit a little differently, so you may need to look at items that are one size larger than you originally thought.
- Try on each item. If possible, try everything on before you make purchases. This will ensure that you are only buying items that really fit.
- Examine each item carefully for damage. Look over each piece carefully to see whether there are any stains or rips that can not be easily repaired.