Wouldn't you love to serve your kids a hot, delicious breakfast that didn't require much time or create a sink full of dishes?
This recipe for Make Ahead French Toast is exactly what you need. It's perfect for sleep-overs and holiday breakfasts. You can even whip up a batch in the morning and serve it as a super-quick and easy dinner any day of the week.
If you can, use extra thick, slightly stale bread.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream or milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 6 slices of bread
- non-stick cooking spray
- maple syrup
- In a large, shallow baking dish, beat the eggs with a wire whisk until they become thick and lemon-colored.
- Add the cream or milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Beat with a wire whisk until well-combined.
- Place the bread slices in the mixture. Allow them to soak for 3-5 minutes before turning them over.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place all of the bread slices on the cookie sheet and bake at 375º F. for ten minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and use a spatula to flip each slice of bread.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- For a complete meal, serve with maple syrup, yogurt, and fresh fruit, and milk or juice.