The 2012 Readers' Choice Awards is an opportunity to showcase the best single parent advocates and resources in the nation. Will you help us spread the word about what these individual and groups are doing for single parent families by voting for your favorites?
1. Please provide a valid e-mail address or sign in with your About.com or Facebook account.
3. The voting tool will allow you to cast one vote per day in each of the four categories.
4. Voting will take place from February 22 to March 21, and winners will be announced on March 30, 2012.
All of the nominees for Favorite Organization Supporting Single Parents are doing tremendous work for single parent families, from providing financial counseling, to emotional support, logistical assistance, and more. The finalists for this category include:
- Fresh Start Women's Foundation
- Praying Single Mothers
- Single Mothers Outreach
- Singleton Moms
Books can help us guide our children through difficult times, from adjusting to life post-divorce, to coping with loss, and more. The finalists for this category include:
- A Smart Girl's Guide to Her Parents' Divorce
- Divorce Care For Kids (DC4K) Book: Stories for Kids in Divorce
- The Family Book
- Helping Your Child Cope With Divorce the Sandcastles Way
- Where am I Sleeping Tonight?
Technological advances have made it easier for co-parents to communicate about schedules and parenting issues. But which online options are best-suited for this purpose? Our readers nominated the following finalists:
- Google Calendar
- Our Family Wizard
Many family law professionals now post regular blogs about issues related to child support, child custody, and divorce. Our readers nominated the following as their favorites:
- Forbes' Divorce Dollars and Sense by Jeff Landers
- Herston on Tennessee Family Law by K.O. Herston, Esq.
- Maryland Divorce Legal Crier by James J. Gross
- Minnesota Family Law Blog
- South Carolina Family Law Blog by J. Benjamin Stevens