Description of the Service From Match.com's Web Site::
"On Match.com, single adults post their own profiles with their photos and information about themselves, as well as list their selected preferences regarding a potential date. At the click of a mouse, they can instantly see and read about their most likely matches, and paid subscribers can elect to contact members they find most appealing. Contact between members on the site is done using an anonymous email network and every profile and photo is screened for appropriateness before it is posted to the site."
Cost of Match.com:
Match.com allows users to create a free online dating profile and search other users' profiles free of charge. However, only paying members may email other users. Match.com's fee structure allows users to pay per month or for several months at a time. Options include:
- Paying monthly: $34.99 per month
- Paying for three months at a time: $59.85 (which equals $19.99 per month)
- Paying for six months at a time: $101.94 (which equals $16.99 per month)
Pros of Choosing Match.com:
- Match.com allows users to create a profile and search other member's profiles for free.
- Allows tagging with keywords, called MatchWordsTM, which enables users to find your profile quickly and easily.
- For an additional $40, Match.com offers a service called "ProfilePro," which is designed to assist members in drafting and editing their personalized dating profiles and online photos.
- Match.com also offers a 6-month guarantee. If you don't find a compatible match in 6 months, they'll give you a six-month subscription for free.
Cons of Choosing Match.com:
- Only paying members can email one another.
- The wide variety of contact options (including instant messaging and video) may be intimidating to some.