The Bottom Line
This is a terrific resource for parents who are preparing their children to stay home alone for the first time, and its magazine-like format is going to be really appealing to many readers.
- Reading this book with your children is a great way to prepare them for staying home alone.
- Being fully prepared to stay home alone will raise your child's confidence and level of safety.
- The book includes fun quizzes and activities to test your child's knowledge.
- The format is much like reading a magazine.
- Also includes boredom busters, first-aid tips, sibling survival secrets, and more.
- It's part of the American Girl series, which might mean boys are unlikely to read it.
- You'll want to read the book together, so that nothing is taken out of context.
- Reading this book doesn't ensure your child's safety if they're really too young to be home alone.
- The magazine format and lively illustrations make this book easy to read.
- It covers everything from guarding your house key to using your time effectively.
- Parents who share this book with their children will be confident that their kids are well-prepared.
- Also includes a special tear-out section for you to record your contact information and house rules.
Guide Review - Book Review of Staying Home Alone
I really like this fun book! It's a great way for parents to start talking with their children about what it means to be safe when you're home alone
. And while there are some similar books out there, most of them are older and may not address some current issues, like using the Internet. That's why I recommend this book for all parents who are preparing their kids to stay home alone.