When you're mailing gifts to your kids, you want them to be extra special. Here are some tips to make opening the package even more fun:
- Plan to mail your gift early. It means so much to your kids when the package arrives on time!
- Instead of using bubble wrap, place a few balloons (filled with air) inside the box.
- Throw in a banner that reads "Happy Birthday" (or "Congratulations," "Merry Christmas," or whatever is appropriate at the time). Don't forget some tape, too!
- Include a disposable camera and a pre-paid mailing envelope. This way, your child can easily pop the camera in the mail, and have the developed pictures sent directly to you. Request doubles and send a set back to your child!
- Include some confetti. You can make your own by cutting up pieces of colored paper or magazines.
- Throw in a few party hats and festive blowers or kazoos.
- Decorate the outside of the box with stickers.
- Also remember to include a card. Write your own personal message explaining how proud you are of your child and what you hope for him or her in the coming year.