Next to financial stress, worry about child custody issues is one of the biggest sources of anxiety for single moms and dads. For example, you may feel overwhelmed by questions such as:
- What's the difference between legal custody and physical custody?
- What are the child custody laws in my state?
- How do the courts determine who gets child custody?
- What do the courts mean by the "best interests" of the child?, and
- Do I need a child custody lawyer?
Instead of letting that anxiety overpower you, though, use it to push yourself to seek the answers you need. Going in to your next child custody hearing armed with accurate information won't just ease your mind; it will also boost your chances of winning custody in court.
To get answers to these questions and more, read the full length resource Child Custody Information: Answers to Parents' Top 20 Questions About Child Custody.
Photo © Cristian Baitg, 2009