Some people make a big deal about resolutions, but they're really just promises you make to yourself. Promises to be more present with the ones you love. To take better care of yourself. To achieve a career goal you've been working toward.
And you know what? It's okay if you don't achieve them. It's better to aim high and fall short than not to bother setting any goals at all.
So go ahead and take a risk. What will it be this year? Share your 2013 resolutions by leaving a comment below.
- 10 Goals & Resolutions for Single Parents
- Write a Family Mission Statement
- Rebuild Trust With Your Ex
- 30 Self-Care Ideas for 2013
- Cheap Ways to Have Fun With Your Kids
Photo © Stockbyte/Getty Images