If you're scheduled to be the one making Thanksgiving dinner for your extended family this year, you already know that this responsibility can be quite expensive. Start your planning now and try to get most of your ingredients on sale. In addition:
- Ask your guests to bring a side dish or dessert.
- If you plan to serve alcohol, ask each adult to bring a bottle of wine to share.
- Pair up with a friend who's also making Thanksgiving dinner; agree to double one make-ahead recipe and swap the extra.
- How to Prepare an Affordable Holiday Dinner
- Make Small Holiday Dinners Fun
- How to Cook a Frozen Turkey
- Thanksgiving Dinner for First-Timers
Image © Stockbyte/Getty Images