If you've been following along here on the blog, you already know that today is the day that voting for the 2012 Single Parents' Readers' Choice Awards begins, and I'm so excited! The purpose of hosting this event - which I hope will be annual - is to highlight the best organizations, authors, and advocates supporting single parents, and I think the readers who nominated this year's finalists have achieved that.
Now you can do your part by participating in the voting phase, which will take place between now and March 21, 2012. Winners will be announced on March 30, 2012.
Ready to kick it off? Start by voting for your favorite organization supporting single parents, and then move on to the other three categories (listed below). And don't forget to come back and vote each day between now and March 21, 2012!
Vote for the Best Children's Book for Single Parent Families. Finalists include:
- A Smart Girl's Guide to Her Parents' Divorce by Nancy Holyoke
- Divorce Care For Kids (DC4K) Book: Stories for Kids in Divorce by Linda Ranson-Jacobs
- The Family Book by Todd Parr
- Helping Your Child Cope With Divorce the Sandcastles Way by M. Gary Neuman
- Where am I Sleeping Tonight? by Carol Gordon Ekster
Vote for the Best Online Communication Tool for Co-Parents. Finalists include:
- Google Calendar
- Our Family Wizard
Vote for your Favorite Family Law Blog. Finalists include:
- Forbes' Divorce Dollars and Sense by Jeff Landers
- Herston on Tennessee Family Law by K.O. Herston, Esq.
- Maryland Divorce Legal Crier by James J. Gross
- Minnesota Family Law Blog
- South Carolina Family Law Blog by J. Benjamin Stevens