On the twelfth day of Christmas,
I gave a gift to me:
Twelve minutes free,
Eleven dollars saved,
Ten positive thoughts,
Nine chores completed,
Eight friends assisting,
Seven hours sleeping,
Six forum comrades,
Five "Thanks, but no thanks,"
Four helpful kids,
Three best friends,
Two great big hugs,
And an evening out just for me.
When was the last time you ignored everything on your "To Do" list and just allowed yourself sit down and relax? I don't mean sitting down to watch TV, either, because--let's face it--TV time is often multi-tasking time. In between glances at the television, we're often folding laundry, writing grocery lists, etc.
No, when was the last time that you did nothing? On the surface, it might seem like a wasteful indulgence, but allowing yourself to just be for a few minutes each day will put you back in touch with you. Who you really are, how you want to parent, and where you want to go in life. Read More...
More About.com Sites Celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas:
- 12 Days of Handmade Baby Gifts: 12 Drummer Onesies
- The 12 Days of Christmas: Getting Closer, Day Twelve
- 12 Days of Christmas: Relax and Enjoy the Holiday!
- Twelfth Day of Holiday Merriment for College Families
- The Twelve Days of Christmas Printables: Love Notes Calendar 2011
- 12 Days of Christmas Preparations