On the eleventh day of Christmas,
I gave a gift to me:
Eleven dollars saved,
Ten positive thoughts,
Nine chores completed,
Eight friends assisting,
Seven hours sleeping,
Six forum comrades,
Five "Thanks, but no thanks,"
Four helpful kids,
Three best friends,
Two great big hugs,
And an evening out just for me.
We're almost to the end of our Twelve Days of Christmas parody, and I'd be remiss if I wrote about how to stay sane during the Christmas season without mentioning the importance of saving money. Giving yourself a little bit of cushion to fall back on will definitely lower your stress level!
As the new year approaches, take some time to re-evaluate your finances. Do you have an emergency savings account to draw from the next time your brakes need to be replaced? Are you setting aside money for your kids' education, your retirement, or even for a vacation? None of these things will happen without some intense effort.
Begin by taking Money Management 101, our free online money management course for single parents.
More About.com Sites Celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas:
- 12 Days of Handmade Baby Gifts: 11 Piper Penguins
- The 12 Days of Christmas: Getting Closer, Day Eleven
- 12 Days of Christmas: Last-Minute Shopping and Prep
- Eleventh Day of Holiday Merriment for College Families
- The Twelve Days of Christmas Printables: Take a Day Off
- 12 Days of Christmas Preparations