On the ninth day of Christmas,
I gave a gift to me:
Nine chores completed,
Eight friends assisting,
Seven hours sleeping,
Six forum comrades,
Five "Thanks, but no thanks,"
Four helpful kids,
Three best friends,
Two great big hugs,
And an evening out just for me.
I know few people who really enjoy doing chores. I know I certainly don't! But when I think about the load that getting them done takes off my shoulders, I begin to see that crossing items off my "To Do" list really is another way of being kind to myself.
And if the feeling of accomplishment isn't enough motivation for you, consider treating yourself to something you enjoy after you finish the chores you most dread. Read More...
More About.com Sites Celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas:
- 12 Days of Handmade Baby Gifts: 9 Dancing Babies
- The 12 Days of Christmas: Getting Closer, Day Nine
- 12 Days of Christmas: Teach Your Children Well
- Ninth Day of Holiday Merriment for College Families
- The Twelve Days of Christmas Printables: Ways to Tell Your Child "I Love You"
- 12 Days of Christmas Preparations