On the eighth day of Christmas,
I gave a gift to me:
Eight friends assisting,
Seven hours sleeping,
Six forum comrades,
Five "Thanks, but no thanks,"
Four helpful kids,
Three best friends,
Two great big hugs,
And an evening out just for me.
Remember the old saying, "Many hands make light work?" Consider how joining forces with some friends for things like doing chores, cooking in large batches, and providing child care coverage for one another will make your job easier and, frankly, more fun.
In addition, keep in mind that your kids will benefit immensely from contact with other adults you trust, so make a point of maintaining those relationships as time goes by. Read More...
More About.com Sites Celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas:
- 12 Days of Handmade Baby Gifts: 8 Milk Bath Treatments
- The 12 Days of Christmas: Getting Closer, Day Eight
- 12 Days of Christmas: Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Eighth Day of Holiday Merriment for College Families
- The Twelve Days of Christmas Printables: Love Notes for Special Parents
- 12 Days of Christmas Preparations