Okay, be honest. How helpful are your children? I find that my kids are incredibly helpful, when I ask them to help. Many times, when partially-finished craft projects are left all over the kitchen table, or wet bath towels are thrown on the floor, I'm tempted to do the job myself, because it's faster. That doesn't do anything to teach my kids to pick up after themselves, though, or to be responsible for the things we own. It's harder to stop myself in my tracks and ask my kids to come take care of whatever it is that's been left out. It takes more time, energy, and patience. But it also helps to prevent it from happening again, and in the long run, that's where holding your kids accountable and expecting them to help out around the house is another way of being kind to yourself--because it puts less of that burden, day after day, on you. Read More...
More About.com Sites Celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas:
- 12 Days of Handmade Baby Gifts: 4 Calling Birds
- The 12 Days of Christmas: Getting Closer, Day Four
- 12 Days of Christmas: Give Back to the Community
- Fourth Day of Holiday Merriment for College Families
- The Twelve Days of Christmas Printables: Motivating Bookmarks
- 12 Days of Christmas Preparations